Behind the Beauty: A Spotlight on Editorial Beauty Looks From the Spring/Summer 2018 Issue
by Miranda Fogel May 2
Straight from the pages of our newest magazine, we’re so in love with all of the intricate and unique beauty looks created for the styled shoots throughout the issue, so we’ve rounded up a few of our favorites here in “Behind the Beauty: A Spotlight on Editorial Beauty Looks from the Spring/Summer 2018 Issue.” From hair to makeup, each lash and wave was crafted to perfection to create the gorgeous looks seen below, all of which will hopefully help you decide on who to choose for your full beauty look on your own special day! Scroll on to read how to get the look from each of these beauty pros and be sure to save your favorites for inspo reference!
Get the Look | expert advice from hair and makeup artist, Brittany Jones Hair & Makeup
- For a soft and pretty look that is still a bit bold, avoid harsh colors and use a soft palette of mauves and rosy tones.
- Blend! That keeps everything soft and more natural.
- Add natural, fluffy lashes to finish everything and make the eyes pop.
- I love a clean hairstyle, but there is something so effortless and romantic about a textured hairstyle.
- The half up style is versatile and effortlessly pretty and can be worn at any hair length.
See more from these looks on pages 117 & 118
Photos // Laylee Emadi Photography
- Use blush tones on the eyes with just a little shimmer.
- Go with a neutral color for the lip—close to your natural lip color but just a bit more pigmented.
- For a natural look keep your waves soft and messy.
- Stay on trend by adding a braid.
- Brunette? Try this thick mohawk-inspired braid to make it stand out.
See more from these looks on page 130
Photos // AR Photography
Get the Look | expert advice from hair and makeup artist, WZ Beauty Studio
- Neutral earthtone eyeshadows with little to no eyeliner.
- Add a soft contour to your cheeks.
- Finsh with a berry lip color for a flirty touch or for a more natural look go with a neutral pink mauve undertone.
- Low, half up do with relaxed modern waves and fresh roses for a romantic touch.
See more from these looks on page 87
Photos // Rachel Elaine Photography
Get the Look | expert advice from hair and makeup artist, Grand Slam Glam
- Accent the eyes with a bold brow and liner on the top and bottom.
- On the lid, use rose gold, peach and mauves and apply full lashes on the top lash line to make the eyes look larger.
- On the cheeks, apply a warm matte bronzer and a peach blush. Finish the look with a matte enduring lip stain.
For the hair, try a gorgeous, face framing fishtail brain and low-key beach waves.
See more from these looks on page 147
Photos // Alba Rose Photography
Get the Look | expert advice from hair and makeup artist, Jennifer Trotter Lip Service Makeup
- A wash of matte mauve shadows paired with crisply defined black liner makes brown eyes glow.
- Enhance the brows with just a bit of brow powder, but otherwise keep them full and a little untamed.
- Flush cheeks with a warm rosy peach blush and finish the look with berry lips.
For the hair, start with a tidy center part and add a textured, twisted and wrapped poufy triple pony — an elegantly cool option that’s a nice change of pace from a traditional undo.
See more from these looks on pages 180-181
Photos // Courtney Hanson Photography
Other Local Vendors: Brittany Jones Beauty, The Styling Stewardess