Wedding Day Emergency Kit Guide from DFW Events
When the big day arrives, you’ll want everything to be picture perfect! Sometimes things don’t always go as planned and that’s why we’re sharing this very helpful wedding day emergency kit guide from the expert wedding planners at DFW Events! Take a look at what they have to say about planning ahead for any wedding day mishaps!
From DFW Events: Worst-case scenarios can take many shapes in the Wedding World. Red wine spilled on the bride’s gown, a bridesmaid’s wilting updo, a loose hem on the groom’s slacks…you get the idea! Nobody likes to deal with emergency situations, and that’s especially true for brides-to-be. However, it’s important to think through potential drama-inducing moments before they arrive. Why? Because a solid plan brings peace of mind—a key ingredient every couple needs as they begin their journey toward happily ever after! So, for better or for worse, here are the 12 essential items every bride needs in case of wedding day emergency!
1. Oil Blotting Sheets. Because it’s your day to shine, not your forehead’s! After you’ve finished getting ready, ask your Maid of Honor to slip a packet into her clutch for quick touch ups during your after-ceremony photos.
2. Bandages. An emergency kit basic that’s not to be overlooked. Purchase themed bandages (hello, Frozen) to impart extra anti-crying power to little ones.
3. Pain Reliever. Those heels looks AMAZING. But they might not feel so hot after four or five hours of wear. Have some Tylenol or Advil on standby to ensure that you’re ready to hit the dance floor all reception long.
4. Bobby Pins. With reinforcements on hand, you and your girls won’t be stressed about taking outdoor photos…even if your curls are being exposed to an ocean breeze.
5. Chalk. This schoolroom staple will help you whisk away spilled liquids in a flash.
6. Double-Sided Tape. From tightening up a bouquet, to fixing a ribbon on a program, to holding your strapless dress firmly in place, the applications for this emergency kit essential are (almost) limitless.
7. Mini Sewing Kit. Put a stop to button pop! And loose hems, for that matter.
8. Deodorant. So that you can put your hands in the air like you just don’t care with the utmost confidence!
9. Static Guard. Spray it on your veil, spray it on your gown, ask your event planner to spray it on those pesky tablecloths that won’t stop sticking…
10. Lint Roller. Tell those groomsmen, “Go, and brush your shoulders off!” This goes double if a pet will be participating in the wedding day in any way.
11. Tissue or Hanky. Not sure how to carry this dry-eye essential? Consider wrapping a classic lace handkerchief around your bouquet for a wedding day detail that’s both traditional and sentimental.
12. Peppermints. For that moment when you finally hear the words, “You may now kiss the bride.” But remember, peppermints only—unconscious bubble gum smacking has been known to occur.
Last but not least, remember that it’s important to plan ahead, but it’s NOT a good idea to obsess over what may or may not go wrong on your wedding day. Even if your curls start to droop or a bobby pin springs loose, at the end of the day you’ll still be exchanging the title of “fiancé” for that of “wife.” There’s not a minor slip-up under the sun that can take that joy away from you!