Get Started on your Summer Bod!
Ready to get in shape for the wedding AND the honeymoon? Bells & Barbells owner and lead trainer, Kat, is here to share an easy workout you can do from home or the gym. Watch below and scroll down for her quick explanation on each move to get working on your summer bod.
The Goal: These 6 exercises will help you burn calories while focusing on the areas that matter most. When it comes to rocking your dream wedding dress and your honeymoon bikini, you can’t afford to get it wrong. So, let’s get after it! #fitbridetribe
Warm-Up: Elevate your heart rate and get your body warm with these two dynamic moves.
Two Rrounds of:
- 10-20 (each leg) Skaters: While keeping your posture in check (shoulders back, chest up and core tight), lightly jump from side to side, alternating which foot you land on. When you land, focus on balancing. Keep your quads and glutes engaged and land on a flat foot, but be sure to spring up on your toes as you jump.
- 10-20 (each leg) Squat Walks:
- Lower down to a squat position. The goal is to have your booty in line with your knees. It will take strength and consistency to maintain this position. Don’t get frustrated if you feel your legs tiring out easily. Just keep practicing.
- While alternating from side to side and staying in your low squat position, walk forward and backward. Be sure to slightly bounce as you shift side to side, this will help you get more out of the movement just be sure to stay low as you move.
Workout: We are going to keep the glutes fired up, activate and strengthen the core all while toning the shoulders, arms and back.
- Elevated Rotating Planks:
- Keeping body aligned from head to heels, reach left arm up, elevating yourself up on the bench and or box. Bring your right hand up to meet the left.
- Return left hand to start position and repeat on the opposite side. Continue, alternating sides, for up to 2 minutes, or for as long as you can without sacrificing form. Rest for 30 seconds, then repeat once more.
- Rear Delt Face Pulls + Low Lunge Hold: 8-10 (each leg)
- Set cable machine to a moderate weight. (One that you can do 16-20 reps of while maintaining correct form. )
- Attaching rope attachment to the cable machine and above you. Lower down into a lunge position, keeping your front knee stacked on top of your ankle. Create a solid 90 degree angle with your front and back leg.
- Holding either side of the rope in your hands and fixing eyes on the silver part of the rope (the center part attached to the cable machine) elevate your arms to a straight position. Keep your shoulders down.
- Slowly start to pull the rope toward you and all the way back until you can feel your shoulder blades squeeze together, hold for 2 seconds then, with control, slowly bring your arms and hands back to the starting position.
- Standing Tricep Push-Down: 8-10 (each leg)
- Using the same rope attachment. Set your feet under your hips and knees in a soft position, not locked. Drop your shoulders, pull rope down so that your arms are resting in an “L” shape position (your starting position).
- Push the rope down and slightly away from you. This is the key to really activating your triceps, down and slightly forward. Make sure your shoulders stay back, keep chest up and core tight.
- Bring arms back to starting position then repeat. Make sure not to rush through this movement. Control your movement and focus on your triceps doing the work.
- Standing Bicep Curl: 10-15
- Using the same rope attachment and stance as above. Move cable so that your are pulling from below instead of overhead.
- Grab the rope in each hand, set shoulders then slowly pull up AND apart. Stopping at the top for ⅔ seconds. Do not bring your hands all the way up to your shoulders – this will close off your bicep and your elbows will move. The goal is to keep it all in the bicep. Repeat for 10-15 reps at a working weight.
Bells & Barbells is our go-to for wedding day fitness. Not only do Kat and her team provide customizable fitness routines, but an on staff dietician is on hand to create one-0f-a-kind nutrition plans and all B&B brides have access to the #BBClub?, saving 40-50% off other partnering services. Take a peek on the Bells & Barbells site to get started!