Get Our Honeymoon Packing List
by Brides of North Texas March 25
We all know that packing for a vacation is a nuisance, especially when you are busy planning a wedding. Whether you go on your honeymoon immediately after the reception or even a month later, you’ll be glad you have a checklist in hand to prep for the occasion. There’s nothing worse than getting to your destination just to realize you’ve forgotten something! We have highlighted some tips and tricks to make your honeymoon experience a bit smoother plus are sharing our honeymoon packing list!
- If you are leaving the country, make sure to research the currencies and before you go. Definitely go to your nearest bank that will allow you to exchange currency because having cash is important when going to an unfamiliar location.
- Contact your bank and let them know that you will be leaving the country for whatever period of time. This will help keep your account from being frozen while overseas.
- Do research on your location before you go. You want to be familiar with where you’re staying!
- What’s the weather like? Typically weather reports are available up to two weeks prior, so keep an eye on it and plan your outfits accordingly.
Key Items for any Destination
- Lingerie: Lingerie is a must for your honeymoon. You just got married! Make it fun and spice it up in the bedroom. Your significant other will most definitely be excited, and it will keep the romance in check.
- Wallet/ID: Packing your wallet may sound obvious, but everyone’s forgotten it at least once. Make sure to have your cash/cards, personal identification and emergency insurance info all stowed away (you can never be too careful). If you’re going abroad, you’re also going to want your passport.
- Toiletries: Toothbrush? Makeup? Glasses? Extra Contacts? Medicine? We recommend making a checklist just for these items.
- Airline Ticket: If you’re flying to your destination, don’t forget to either print out your ticket or have it saved to your phone.
- Camera: If you want better photo quality than your iPhone, be sure to pack your favorite camera. Your honeymoon is special, so you’ll want to document all those once-in-a-lifetime moments.
- Chargers/Adapters: Don’t know about you, but we’re always on our phones. You’re not going to want to forget a charger and an adapter if you’re traveling abroad.
One of the top honeymoon destinations still remains a tropical getaway. All you really need are some swimmies and fun outfits to soak up the sun in. The best thing about a beach vacation? How light your suitcase will be!
- Swimsuits: Whether you’re going for a weekend getaway or a week, you definitely want to pack 2-3 swimsuits at the very least. Sometimes you can even mix and match your swimmies which (technically) counts as more, right?
- Sandals and/or Water Shoes: So you’ve packed your cute heels and date night shoes, but don’t forget your beach sandals. Pack ones that you won’t mind getting sandy and possibly wet! If you’re an adventurous couple who plans on going on excursions, be sure to pack a pair of water shoes for any water destination that may be rocky or full of shells.
- Sunglasses & Sunscreen: Protect your skin at all costs! Bring your fave pair of sunnies, and don’t forget the sunscreen. The last thing you want is a painful sunburn during your honeymoon!
- FUN outfits: Printed dresses are SO fun for the beach. You’re going to have that “I just got hitched” glow, so you’re going to look amazing regardless. White outfits are also a staple as the new bride AND for that new tan! *wink*
Packing for the cold weather destinations is a lot harder than packing for the beach. Not to mention, your clothing also takes up more space in your luggage. To maximize your luggage space, we recommend packing clothes that you can layer and interchange. The apres-ski look is everything.
- Winter Coat: If you’re headed to a cozy getaway, the last thing you want to do is forget a coat. The amount and types of coats you pack definitely depends on the activities planned during your stay. If you’re doing activities in the mountains, like skiing, pack a ski jacket along with your casual town coat.
- Winter Boots: Weatherproof boots are essential for any snowy or rainy destination, and will come in handy when you’re walking into town or or to the car. Luckily, over the last few years, winter boots have become super cute, and dare we say, fashionable.
- Layers: Between packing jeans, sweaters, and maybe even ski gear, your luggage is going to be pretty hefty. To maximize the space and outfit options, pack basics that are easy to wear over and over again. Choose a set palette (like black and beige) so that toggling between tops and bottoms is easy peasy.
- Cold Weather Essentials: Protect your finger, toes and ears with winter weather accessories like beanies, gloves and wool socks.
- Mountain Musts: It gets pretty dry when you’re high up in the mountains, so the #1 things you want to bring are chapstick and moisturizer.
Great Outdoor Adventure
Are you the couple that loves to hike or fish and admires the great outdoors? This packing list is for you!
- Outdoor Wear: If you’re going to be hiking, you definitely want clothes that will support whatever you’re going to be doing. Pack leggings, cargo pants or shorts that you won’t mind getting a little dirty.
- Hiking Shoes: Pack a good pair of sneakers with traction or even hiking boots if you have them. You don’t want your feet to get tired or land any gnarly blisters from hiking in the wrong shoes. Don’t forget the thick socks, too – crew cut will be handy if you plan to go off-trail.
- Weatherproof Jacket: It depends on where you’re going, but oftentimes when you’re at high altitudes you’re going to want a wind proof jacket in case it gets cold. After all, mother nature has a mind of her own and you never know what she’ll throw at you!
- Backpack: For any longer hikes or excursions, you’ll definitely want a pack to hold any essentials: water bottle, snacks, chapstick and sunscreen.
- Hat: Keep your face and neck protected while you’re out in the sun! Whether you pack a ball cap or a sun hat, you’ll be happy you have it.
Photo courtesy of Unsplash
Still working on choosing a honeymoon destination? Check out our Honeymoon Tips & Tricks and take our quiz to find out where you should go! Plus book one of our go-to travel agents for even more assistance!