Summer Beauty Tips from Natalia Issa Hair & Makeup Artistry
by Kami Huddleston June 25
With the summer temps officially here, brides are turning to their makeup artists for a flawless look despite the heat and humidity. Local hair and makeup artist, Natalia Issa shares the inside scoop on beating the heat.
1. Hydrate with oil-free moisturizer! If the skin is too oily, skip the moisturizer all over, only do a light eye cream around the eye area. Jump right into applying a prep and priming potion that will keep foundation from sliding away.
2. Powder with a velour powder puff pressing the powder into the skin. This helps the face to stay matted and the foundation to stay in place longer.
3. Use waterproof everything, from foundation to concealers, sweat, tears and the environment will not be forgiving. The golden rule is to use very minimum, adding product as needed. Too much product can be counterproductive.
1. Usually on a hot and long day, the first thing to vanish from the face is blush. I love using Make Up For Ever HD Blush Microfinish Cream over or under the foundation, followed by layering a powder blush over it for a long lasting effect.
For customers that have oily eye lids, avoid putting any cream or liquid foundation over the lids. Instead leave the lids bare and apply an eye primer for eye shadow to stay on longer. My all time favorites are the Mac Cosmetics Paint Pots. They help the eye makeup stay in place and have more vibrancy in color.
1. The products for the lips have to have a long staying power to them, as does the Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge. This is the only lip product that can withstand kissing, drinking, eating without reapplying for many hours. However, if the bride would like to use her favorite lip color that’s not the Make Up For Ever one follow the simple steps featured above. To finish, apply a make up setting spray such as Ben Nye Final Seal, my ultimate makeup insurance!